Sipho Mashele

Posted by SPCC SPCC
sipho

This year we welcome a new addition to the St Peter's family all the way from South Africa. Sipho will be joining us as a quick bowler who will play in the first eleven and provide coaching to all members throughout the club. I hope you join me in welcoming him to the club and Sipho has kindly answered a few questions to help you get to know him a bit better before his arrival!

Fullname: Sipho Amukhelani Mashele

Nickname: Sips

Playing role: Bowling all-rounder

Where abouts in South Africa do you live, and how long have you played for current side?
I live in Rustenburg in the North West province. I have been playing for Impala cc for four seasons.

Have you been to England before, and what are you most looking forward to doing whilst you are there?
No I have not been to England before. I look forward to going to a Manchester United game and visiting Lords cricket ground, but mostly I am looking forward to playing cricket and learning about the culture over in the UK.

You’re currently in the middle of your season in South Africa at the moment, how has that been going? Any stand out performance?
I have been having a great season, currently the second leading wicket taker in the league and took my first ever hat-trick this season quickly followed with another one a match later. I have also been selected to play for the Senwes Spinners in the annual NPL T20 competition starting on the 31st March 2017.

What is your earliest cricketing memory?
At the age of 10years, I was batting and tried to sweep a fast bowler without a helmet on and he hit me on the mouth and cracked my tooth. To this day I do not play the sweep shot.

Do you have any cricketing superstitions?
No

Who is your favourite cricketer?
Dale Steyn and Ben Stokes

Which Hollywood actor would play you in a movie?
Chris Rock

If you could be anyone for a day who would you be?
Christiano Ronaldo CR7

1 Comment

Tony harvey Tony harvey

Re: Sipho Mashele