7th May: Winning start for Willard

Posted by SPCC SPCC
willard

New skipper of the Sunday side Matt Willard lost the toss and was invited to bat in their first game of the season against Lancing Manor at Preston Park.

Unfortunately we lost an early wicket with just one run on the board. From then on we scored nicely with good scoring from Chris Killalea, Mike Spicer Paul Campbell and Darren Ryder. After that Ty Craker came in and got his first 50 of the season with a great knock. We managed to post 239 from 40 overs which was a great effort.

The bowling was tight at first but we struggled to a break through with the opposition getting to drinks without losing a wicket. Their opening batsmen had made 126 before Ajay Patel got the wicket we needed. After that we got wickets regularly with every bowler getting at least one. Jack Lloyd and Ty picking up 2 each and Ajay, Sermed Ghouri, Harrison Ryder, Danny Killalea and the skipper all picked up one apiece. Ajay also took an impressive four catches with Darren Ryder getting two stumpings as well.

All round a good fighting performance to win by 25 runs.